Setting sail in December 2022, the new 8-day itinerary will explore destinations between New Orleans and Memphis. In addition to Christmas light displays, Cajun cuisine and historic ports of call, guests will enjoyexclusive Privileged Access to Graceland. During this special excursion to Elvis Presley’s iconic mansion, guests will experience a private, after-hours visit including a tour of the mansion and the complex’s connecting venues and exhibits – Presley Cycles, Archives Experience, Private Presley: Elvis in the Army Exhibit, Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, and more.
Additionally, next week on Viking.TV – Viking’s new virtual content hub – designer Richard Riveire will preview the design of Viking Mississippi and share more about the inspiration and design details of the ship. The livestreamed interview will air Tuesday, September 29 (11am PT/2pm ET). Viking will be celebrating the iconic Mississippi river all next week on Viking.TV and the full schedule can be found below my signature.
Mississippi Week on Viking.TV starting September 28:
Each livestream begins each day at 11am PST / 2pm EST. Content is also taped and available to view the following day on Viking.TV.
- Monday, September 28 – Start the week with a tour of Iowa’s Vesterheim Museum, the national Norwegian-American museum and heritage center. The museum showcases the most extensive collection of Norwegian-American artifacts in the world, with over 33,000 artifacts, 12 historic buildings, a Folk Art School, library and archives
- Tuesday, September 29 – Join Richard Riveire as he shares the design and inspiration behind what will be the most modern ship on the Mississippi, Viking Mississippi. Learn about the design, creative process, what’s new for Viking’s highly anticipated river vessel and more.
- Wednesday, September 30 – Viewers will be treated to a jazz concert performed by the New Orleans All-Stars at the New Orleans Jazz Museum. Following the performance, trumpeter and band leader, Wendell Brunious will answer questions during a live Q&A.
- Thursday, October 1 – Anne Diamond is back to interview best-selling author and frequent lecturer, Paul Schneider. Paul’s book, Old Man River, is an exploration of America’s great waterway including the Mississippi River’s origins to present day.
- Friday, October 2 – At Home…at Houmas House. Louisiana is famous for its Cajun cuisine and during this Friday’s session, you will be able to tune in for a cooking demonstration.
- Saturday, October 3 – Mind and body with Mona Therese
- Sunday, October 4 – Sissel Sundays – Sissel will explore the theme of “Complicated Love” and perform “I Don’t Know How To Love Him,” “Walk Away” and “Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight.”