Image Credit: insightvacations.com
March 15, 2018 – St. Patrick’s Day is almost upon us! Celebrated by the Irish as far back as the ninth century, St. Patrick’s Day commemorates the arrival of Christianity in Ireland, brought by the man known as the patron saint of Ireland. Now, of course, it has become a wildly popular secular holiday around the world, celebrated in a whirlwind of parties, green-colored food and drink, and many, many glasses of booze.
Insight Vacations, the award-winning leader in premium escorted travel, wants travelers to observe St Patrick’s Day the way it was meant to be observed: by imbibing a bevy of delicious beverages across the beautiful countryside of Ireland. On Insight’s remarkable journeys to Ireland, guests are invited to raise a glass at various establishments that offer an authentic experience, as well as good old-fashioned fun.
1. Guinness Storehouse: It’s impossible to visit Ireland and not pop into the place where Guinness beer is brewed. On the ‘Irish Elegance‘ itinerary, guests have the opportunity to tour the facility on their very first day. It’s a journey that starts at the bottom of the world’s largest pint glass and ends with a glass of the famed Black Stuff. Insight’s Travel Directors consider it a near-religious experience.
2. The Five-Star Ashford Castle: One of the most beautiful stops on the ‘Irish Elegance‘ journey is the stunning 800-year Ashford Castle which boasts a superb whiskey. In the Billiards Room, a sumptuously-decorated space with rich colors and leather chairs, guests can choose from a selection of the finest single-pot still whiskeys, a style unique to Ireland. Wine tastings are also available in the Billiards Room for those who want to take in the waterfront views with a glass of red.
3. The Curragh Racecourse: Any guest with an affinity for horse racing should make time for a stop at The Curragh, Ireland’s most important thoroughbred race course and breeding center. Located in County Kildare, The Curragh is home to the cool and contemporary Champagne Bar, where exquisite bubblies and wines will help you ring in St. Patrick’s Day. Visit The Curragh on the ‘Country Roads of Ireland‘ itinerary.
4. Mac’s Bar: While there is certainly no shortage of pubs in Killarney to choose from, we recommend Mac’s Bar, a small spot with incredible live music, delicious drinks and a cheerful clientele who are always willing to share recommendations. Visit Mac’s on the ‘Country Roads of Ireland‘ journey, then on your way back to your hotel, perhaps pop into another memorable bar or two along Killarney’s lively streets.
5. O’Connells Bar & Restaurant: If beer isn’t your thing, there’s another famous beverage you can ring in St. Patrick’s Day with, Irish coffee. After a decadent dinner, guests at O’Connells in Dublin are treated to a table-side demonstration of proper coffee-making technique, followed by lots of tasting, of course. Guests on Insight’s ‘Britain and Ireland Discovery‘ journey will visit O’Connells during their Farewell Dinner, which takes place on the final night of the itinerary.
6. O’Hara’s Brewery Corner: Along the scenic, winding road that reveals the magnificent Ring of Kerry, guests are treated to a stop at this cozy little pub. They’ll find 13 taps pouring the full range of beers from the famed O’Hara’s Brewery, guest Irish craft beers and ciders, and rare beers from Belgium, Germany and the USA. This pub offers a world of choice, and it’s the perfect place for beer enthusiasts who want to try something a bit different. Discover O’Hara’s on the ‘ Romantic Britain and Ireland‘ itinerary.
7. Killarney Plaza: Music is a huge part of St. Patrick’s Day festivities – though finding a venue where music is played isn’t as hard as finding someone who can hold a tune. At the Killarney Plaza’s Piano Bar, guests can enjoy a drink in elegant surroundings next to a piano that has quite the reputation for starting late night sing-alongs. Guests on the ‘Britain and Ireland Explorer‘ itinerary can take this opportunity to join in on some Irish folk songs that can be learned through multiple attempts.
It’s our 40th birthday! Join us as we celebrate 40 years of travel, innovation and memories in the best way possible – by continuing the tradition and traveling somewhere exciting in 2018. Guests who book these Ireland itineraries by April 26, 2018 can take advantage of Insight Vacations’ 5% Early Payment Discount plus $150 air credit.* Book now before this offer expires!
For reservations, contact your favorite travel agent, call Insight Vacations at 1-888-680-1241, or visit www.insightvacations.com
Join the conversation on social media using the hashtags #INSIGHTVACATIONS and #INSIGHTMOMENTS
About Insight Vacations
As a global leader in premium escorted travel, Insight Vacations® has been crafting magical journeys for almost 40 years that embody The Art of Traveling in Style™. Through meticulous planning, detailed preparation and boundless passion, Insight’s collection of award-winning itineraries showcases the most outstanding destinations in Europe and North America. Guided by a highly-skilled Travel Director, guests can look forward to traveling in smaller groups, savoring authentic dining and enjoying a range of immersive Insight Experiences. To find out more, visit insightvacations.com
About The TreadRight Foundation
Created as a joint initiative between The Travel Corporation’s (TTC) family of brands, The TreadRight Foundation is a not-for-profit that works to help ensure the environment and communities we visit remain vibrant for generations to come. Founded by Brett Tollman, Chief Executive, TTC, to date TreadRight has supported more than 40 sustainable tourism projects worldwide. To learn more about our past and current work at TreadRight, please visit us at TreadRight.org.