Jolly Jaunts Across Undiscovered England
London was in the top 5 most searched and booked destinations for North American travelers in Q4 2018 from source Sojern 2018 Global Travel Trends Report.
Why Book with Globus?
A Globus tour is more than a vacation – it’s an investment in you. To ensure the greatest return on that investment, we plan a hassle-free, experience-filled, all-in-one vacation with everything you’d want and expect.
A Globus tour always includes the major attractions. In fact, Globus offers more included features and behind-the-scenes local experiences than any other tour operator, plus you get special VIP access at the must-see sights. We actually take you inside Britain’s most awe-inspiring places – right to the head of the line and through the front door.
With Globus, you travel in the company of genuine local experts – Tour Directors and Local Guides who are actually from the region through which you’ve traveling. All along the way, they share their vast knowledge of the areas and can point you in the right direction to help you get the most out of your free time.
Traditional meals at local restaurants help you experience your destination’s culture through its cuisine. Globus tours always include several meals, each featuring at least one complimentary glass of regional wine, beer, soft drinks, coffee, or tea, for an additional taste of local flavor.
Globus books hotels selected for their comfort, beauty, and proximity to key sights. These hotels feature twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower. All hotel and city taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling are included.
Enjoy private, deluxe touring motorcoaches with free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, extra legroom, and emergency restroom. First-class seats are standard on high-speed train rides on tours traveling between London and Edinburgh.
Globus takes you behind the scenes to spotlight what makes each destination unique, introducing you to the local haunts, traditions, and flavors.
Your clients may fancy seeing the smashing sights in England, but don’t think us cheeky in saying we can show them the undiscovered places that tell the true stories of its green hills and seaside cliffs. From winding paths to windswept cliffs, we invite you to discover England’s authentic places beyond the London Bridge with a selection of travel styles to see Britain in a new way. Step into the truly great English worlds as only Globus and Cosmos can show your client.
2018 Reader’s Choice Awards
*** BEST IN TOUR OPERATORS ***
Escorted Sales & Service: Globus
Escorted Overall: Globus
Globus Hidden Treasures of Southern England
6 Day Tour from $1,432
A leisurely tour that highlights some of the historical monuments and beautiful towns found throughout Southern England. Your vacation starts with a short drive from London to Oxford to see the colleges where Britain’s elite receives its outstanding education. History buffs are sure to be delighted to visit Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of William Shakespeare and a town that brings 16th-century England to life; mysterious Stonehenge and the Georgian city of Bath. You will also visit magnificent Salisbury Cathedral, consecrated in 1258 and home to the best preserved original Magna Carta. Discover the Isle of Wight with its rich historical heritage and visit Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s palatial holiday home.
Throughout this tour of Southern England, your Tour Director will bring these destinations to life with first-hand, in-depth knowledge of their history, treasures, and secrets. Plus, to give you authentic experiences, Globus has included special adventures, such as tea and pastries in the Refectory restaurant in Salisbury and Shakespeare’s Schoolroom where the Bard was educated and inspired to become a writer. From the vibrant city of London to the relaxing, unspoiled Isle of Wight, this Southern England tour is a vacation of a lifetime!
Introducing Cosmos Lite
With a whole new category of touring, Cosmos Lite presents the world’s first à la carte tour style Combining the essential features of our award-winning Cosmos tours with a personalized approach to daily itineraries, Cosmos Lite offers hassle-free travel with the freedom to tailor your client’s itinerary to their own interests, budget, and pace. Whether they are an early bird or a night owl at heart, we suit their schedule with later morning excursions and tours.
Cosmos Lite vacation packages include city-to-city transportation, comfortable hotels, and daily breakfast to power guest’s pursuits. What their days includes, however, is completely up to them. With a range of MyCosmos excursions, they have the option to purchase only the tours and activities that strike their fancy. Need guidance on what to do? An expert Tour Director will accompany them as they travel between cities to offer suggestions for sightseeing, dining, entertainment, and shopping. Or they can wander and wonder at their own pace, with the CosmosGO app, filled with a host of suggestions and directions at their fingertips.
Cosmos Lite England Explorer
7 days starting at $899
“This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.” Shakespeare might have had an adventure like this in mind when he wrote these words. On this escorted tour of England, we’ll bring to life such blessed and iconic destinations, including London, Oxford, Bristol, Liverpool, and Stratford-upon-Avon. Along the way, you’ll have the opportunity to discover England’s legends and lore through à la carte optional excursions, ample free time, and Cosmos’ guided assistance. Your Tour Director and CosmosGO app are great navigators to help you find the best eateries and sights. MyCosmos has the right optional excursions to match your favorite idea of enjoying England’s hidden spots.
You’ll travel from London to Oxford and Cotswolds—the perfect places to experience the flavor of English real ales and fish-n-chips. You’ll visit Bristol for the chance to see the street artworks of world-famous artist Banksy. Your days are free to fill with fascinating fun, such as a visit to legendary Stonehenge and Bath. Walk the humble lanes of Liverpool with two nights to explore The Beatles’ beginnings and transatlantic ocean-liners history. Tread the paths of Stratford-Upon-Avon where Shakespeare was born and spent his early life. Each day of your Cosmos Lite guided tour of England is yours to create, with the free time, optional excursions, and less-traveled locales of timeless English life.
Explore unhurried and uncrowded England to shop for bits and bobs only found in bonnie shires, hamlets, and highlands. Invite them to discover destinations they might not yet know about, or places they wouldn’t think of visiting on their own. Join the locals to hoist a pint and haste ye back to England while we put the kettle on for a nice cuppa tea with a biscuit. Say, “Cheerio,” to typical tours for a better, brilliant way to see true life in England.
- The rolling hills of the area cover more than 500,000 acres and almost 800 square miles in south-central England, and stretch across several counties including Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, and parts of Wiltshire, Somerset, Worcestershire and Warwickshire. Historically, the wool trade contributed to the area’s prosperity and the construction of the fine stone houses and villages for which the area is known. The area’s many small towns and villages feature many churches, homes and building constructed of Cotswold limestone.
- Cotswold towns include Bourton-on-the-Water, Broadway, Burford, Chipping Norton, Cricklade, Dursley, Malmesbury, Moreton-in-Marsh, Nailsworth, Northleach, Stow-on-the-Wold, Stroud, Winchcombe, Bath, Cheltenham, Cirencester, Gloucester, Stroud, and Swindon. Each village is distinctive, with its own character, and there are many facets to each town’s ambiance and local environment. Walking the streets of each is a worthwhile adventure in itself, surrounded by centuries of architecture and history.
- Walking and hiking are much enjoyed activities for locals and tourists alike. There are more than 3,000 miles of footpaths and many old forests and meadows with an endless number of stone walls criss-crossing the fields. Walking tours are increasingly popular with frequent stops at manor houses, churches, and pubs.
- Simply touring the narrow streets of the many villages, gardens & arboreta, Roman baths, pubs, and open hiking lanes are favorite activities of visitors. Facilities are many and varied. Most often mentioned activities and sites include:
- The Cotswold Falconry Center Moreton-in-Marsh
- Cotswolds Distillery, Stourton
- Arlington Row, Bibury
- Painswick Rococo Garden, Painswick
- Chavenage House, Tetbury
- Tewkesbury Abbey, Tewkesbury
- St John the Baptist’s Church, Burford
- Gloucester Cathedral, Gloucester
- The Royal Gardens at Highgrove, Tetbury
Discover the very spots you’ll only see with Globus and Cosmos. We’ll handle the research, the reservations–even the driving on the “wrong” side of the road–so your clients don’t have to!