Written By: Chris Austin, Vice President of Global Leisure and Luxury Sales, Starwood Hotel and Resorts
We want to make sure all of our Travel Professional Community partners are aware of the recent launch of our SPG Dashboard—an innovative, new online hub for SPG® Pro members that makes earning Starpoints® faster and easier than ever before. The SPG Dashboard provides SPG Pro members with a customizable way to access exclusive promotions and new offerings, as well as a convenient view of their account summary.
SPG Dashboard Highlights
- Pro Recognition: SPG Pro members are recognized as industry members through the display of their SPG Pro ‘badge.’
- Easy Account Management: easily accessible account snapshot that includes stays and nights earned year-to-date and what’s needed to get to the next tier.
- Starpoints Earning Opportunities: members are provided with new ways to earn Starpoints through bonus earning activities. Upon sign-in, members will receive a continuous flow of earning opportunities. Some examples of earning opportunities include 100 bonus Starpoints for completing a ProLearning module, 500 bonus Starpoints for booking a STARPRO rate stay and more. Members are encouraged to keep coming back as new earning opportunities will be added all the time.
- Promotion Central: a central location for all relevant promotions like SPG Pro Bonus Expedition, the current SPG Pro global promotion allowing travel professionals to earn up to 15,000 bonus Starpoints for their client stays that occur March 14 – June 30, 2016. Guest-facing offers are also available on the Dashboard for travel professionals to share with their clients.
- SPG Partner Offerings: exciting ways to engage with the program, including a map of their eligible personal stays and partner earning opportunities.
We value our partnership with the travel professional community and are continuously offering new and exciting ways for SPG Pro members to earn even more Starpoints. SPG Dashboard was designed to complement existing SPG Pro tools and to encourage SPG Pro members to maximize their membership.
SPG Pro is a leader in the B2B loyalty space as the first program of its kind to reward members across all segments for business booked at Starwood properties. The innovative program also provides customers with the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of SPG membership by giving travel professionals the ability to earn Starpoints, SPG elite status, upgrades and more for B2B business booked at any of Starwood’s 1,300 hotels and resorts around the world. In its first full year in 2015, SPG Pro built a member base in 188 countries, and travel professional members redeemed enough Starpoints to enjoy over 67,000 free nights. Additionally, SPG Pro members can access STARPRO rates after completing the Loyalty and Brands module in the ProLearning library. STARPRO rates are always at least 5% off of the lowest published fully restricted prepaid rate plans – often significantly more than 5% when compared to the flexible BAR rate of the day, often equaling discounts of 25%-30% or more.
SPG Pro members can also access nearly 30 educational modules in our ProLearning multimedia training library including 25+ destination immersions aimed at helping our travel professional partners expand their leadership in the global travel market.
To enroll in SPG Pro, visit spg.com/pro.
To log in to the new Dashboard, visit spg.com/dashboard.