Whether it’s in the near future, or maybe next year, safety and social distancing have will undoubtedly be at the top of motivators when picking a destination.
Grupo Xcaret, the leader in sustainable and socially responsible tourism in the Mexican Caribbean, offers a variety of experiences for couples to enjoy in their honeymoon that are perfect for those interested connecting with the destination but still maintaining a sense of isolation from others. The brand’s Hotel Xcaret Mexico and eco-friendly parks and tours provide newlyweds with the authentically rich spirit that defines Mexico, through exquisite gastronomy, soothing spa treatments, and a wide range of cultural and nature-friendly adventures in the heart of the Riviera Maya.
Beyond its natural offerings, Grupo Xcaret recently debuted 360 Xafety, a guideline of hygiene and social distancing protocols implemented throughout the hotel, parks and tours to ensure the safety of guests and employees. Additionally, Grupo Xcaret became the first recreational company to be awarded the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC)’s highly-regarded Safe Travel Seal, recognition granted to destinations and hotels around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols.
Below are 5 reasons Hotel Xcaret Mexico and Grupo Xcaret’s parks and tours make the ideal setting for honeymooners this year:
- Adults-only haven: For couples looking for a secluded oasis with elegantly appointed accommodations and personalized service, Hotel Xcaret Mexico’s Casa Fuego is the ideal Mexican Caribbean retreat. Guests of this adults-only section are privy to a variety of benefits including customized check-in, swim-up suites, a private gym, and exclusive access to a romantic restaurant set and bar, perfect for sipping refreshing tequila-based drinks with a view.
- Top-notch gastronomy: Declared an “Intangible Cultural Heritage” by UNESCO, Mexican gastronomy is at the forefront of restaurants at Hotel Xcaret Mexico and the group’s parks and tours, in addition to an eclectic assortment of global cuisine certain to satisfy the most discerning of palates. A popular choice among lovebirds is the AAA Five-Diamond Awarded Ha’, a fine-dining restaurant led by Michelin-starred Mexican chef and famous Top Chef contestant, Carlos Gaytan. Ha’, which serves as an optional adults-only restaurant with its own surcharge, offers an elaborate 7-course tasting menu, perfectly paired with wines, along with many other options that make for an ideal romantic dinner date. On the parks side, Xcaret, the brand’s emblematic park is home to the “Vino de Mexico”wine cellar, a locale of over 413 years that features 157 Mexican wine labels and exquisite dishes, perfect for romantic dinners for two. For a more lively experience, couples can visit Xoximilco, a night attraction park, and hop in a gastronomy tour inside a trajinera – a traditional Mexican float-bottom boat adorned with flowers – that highlights cuisine unique to different Mexican states.
- Exhilarating adventures: Newlyweds that choose Hotel Xcaret Mexico can easily venture out to any of Grupo Xcaret’s parks and tours thanks to the resorts’ All-Fun Inclusive® concept. Through this program, couples looking to connect through adventures that awaken their senses and challenge their perceptions can visit Xenses Park’s unique Xensatorium attraction. Those seeking for water fun can head to Xel-ha Park, the group’s only water park, and snorkel through a kaleidoscope of funky, tropical fish and other marine species in its cove and cenotes. Lastly, couples wishing to connect with nature can participate in Grupo Xcaret’s Xenotes tour and explore the four kinds of cenotes sacred to the Mayans that abound throughout the Yucatan peninsula, each named after a different nature element.
- “Like a local” experience: Couples with a passion for archeology and culture looking for authentic Mexican experiences can visit Xcaret park and revel in many activities inspired by local traditions. From taking a romantic walk through a twentieth century Mexican Hacienda to participating in private workshops to recreate Mexican tortillas, coconut, chocolate, coffee, ceramics and clay figures, newly-weds are guaranteed an unforgettable trip with these hands-on experiences.
- World-class spa: The property’s signature Muluk Spa offers a holistic wellness experience for two that combines ancient traditions with innovative methods. Named after the ancient Mayan calendar sign associated with water, Muluk Spa’s extensive facilities include massage cabins nestled in stone caves of natural rock facing the river, sauna and steam rooms, hot and cold-water tubs and more. Among the signature treatments include: the Temazcal, a traditional Mexican sweat lodge which is believed to have the power to purify the mind, body and soul and the Copal Purification, a full-body treatment with tree resin used by Mesoamerican cultures for spiritual cleansing.
Despite the changing times, Grupo Xcaret is committed to keeping the romantic atmosphere alive to provide guests a memorable honeymoon experience, while fully complying with the necessary measures that ensure their health and safety.