EXPLORE THE WESTERN COASTAL REGIONS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO LA PAZ
New York, NY, June 2018 — Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced the inaugural voyages for the newest addition to their fleet, National Geographic Venture, sister ship of National Geographic Quest. Slated for delivery in October, the 50-cabin coastal vessel is the second new build for the line, and has been designed with decades of expedition experience.
Following a series of launch celebrations in San Francisco, National Geographic Venture will depart on two new and unique inaugural itineraries that explore the Pacific coast, giving guests a privileged perspective on the region—before she begins her seasons in Baja, the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.
The first inaugural voyage, COASTAL CALIFORNIA BY SEA, flips the California script as National Geographic Venture explores the beauty and the seldom-seen highlights of its coast and islands—joined by Sven Lindblad, CEO & Founder of Lindblad Expeditions. Departing San Francisco on December 2, 2018, the 5-night ‘left coast’ journey connects Northern and Southern CA, from the Golden Gate to Santa Catalina Island. Rates begin at $3,800 per person based on double occupancy.
- Think San Francisco is dazzling seen from a car or taxi coming in from the airport? See it from National Geographic Venture’s deck as you embark the city for a sunset cocktail cruise around this iconic harbor
- Enjoy behind-the-scenes access to Northern CA’s acclaimed Monterey Bay Aquarium and Southern CA’s architecturally stellar Catalina Casino
- See the wildlife and wonders that lie beyond the bright lights of California’s famous cities
- Experience key coastal sites and islands including Angel Island, Sausalito, Monterey and Point Lobos, Avila Beach and Catalina Island.
The second inaugural voyage, FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO BAJA: SAILING THE PACIFIC COAST will depart December 7, 2018. Guests will experience the splendid and surprising diversity of the Pacific coast as the Venture travels from Los Angeles to La Paz, Mexico on the 12-night adventure. Discover the region’s world-renowned food and wine, including a private lunch at a boutique vineyard in the Valle de Guadalupe. Snorkel in the vibrant undersea universe of Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park, teeming with marine life. Meet the residents of Isla Natividad, an incredibly successful coop within the Vizcaino Biosphere, and learn the inspiring story of their sustainable fishing practices. Hang out with naturalists as they scour the horizon for migrating whales and nesting birds to share with you. Rates begin at $9,120 per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin.
- Snorkel in Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park, the only hard coral reef in North America; featuring over 220 species of fish
- Learn about the region’s culture with exclusive visits to the world’s largest salt mine in Guerrero Negro; and tour the small fish processing plant of Isla Natividad’s fishing coop
- Explore the ever-shifting sand dunes of Isla Magdalena and count the 40 species of birds inhabit this area
- See why everyone is talking about the vineyards of Valle de Guadalupe
- Watch the sunrise illuminate El Arco de Cabo San Lucas
A platform for pure discovery, the new National Geographic Venture is the perfect base for exploring. The lounge is a moving window on the world outside, the bow the perfect place for photography with a Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor. Zodiacs are dropped to get close to marine mammals and the shoreline, and the captain will change course to keep the ship among a pod of dolphins. Kayak past nesting birds and dramatic coasts, or just enjoy the silence and pleasure of a leisurely paddle. Snorkel with sea lions and see schools of baitfish and colorful reef fish. Take a long hike with the wellness specialist if you crave exercise, or choose a short, slower walk with time for a naturalist to share the local medicinal uses of each plant you see. Stay aboard and read, or enjoy a massage from a wellness specialist. The ship will also feature the B&H photo gear loaner program, where guests can try the latest lenses, camera bodies and binoculars aboard ship.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit www.expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor.