Á La Carte Touring from the Globus Family of Brands
LITTLETON, Colorado – September 12, 2018 – Today, the Globus family of brands introduced an entirely new category of touring … Cosmos Lite presents the world’s first á la carte tour style. Combining the essential features of award-winning Cosmos tours with a personalized approach to daily itineraries, Cosmos Lite offers hassle-free travel with the freedom to tailor an itinerary to interests, budgets and pace. NEW for 2019, Cosmos Lite is unveiling 10 innovative itineraries that combine major cities with undiscovered, lesser-known destinations across Europe.
Cosmos Lite vacation packages include:
- City-to-city transportation (deluxe motorcoaches with complimentary Wi-Fi)
- Comfortable hotels (a base for independent exploration)
- Daily breakfasts (to power travel pursuits)
- Professional Tour Director (to point out the best sightseeing, dining and entertainment)
- MyCosmos optional excursions (available for purchase)
- CosmosGo mobile app (fuel for free time with suggestions to make the most of each day)
“With the introduction of Cosmos Lite, we’re giving travelers an independent touring option: A new way to see, explore and experience the world around them,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “We get them to each destination and coordinate comfortable accommodations but their days – and the activities they plan – are up to them.”
With a range of MyCosmos excursions – such as a cooking class in Lisbon, a guided tour of Genoa or a bike tour of the Iron Curtain from Bratislava – Cosmos Lite travelers have the option to purchase only the tours and activities that they find interesting, or none at all as sightseeing is not included. And, if they need guidance on what to see or do, an expert Tour Director will accompany guests as they travel between cities to offer suggestions for sightseeing, dining and entertainment.
For travelers who want to wonder and wander at their own pace, the NEW CosmosGo app, filled with a host of entertainment, sightseeing, dining and shopping suggestions, is at their fingertips. Another change from the typical tour? Most Cosmos Lite excursions start later in the morning.
“Free of commitments and full of possibilities, Cosmos Lite’s á la carte touring invites travelers to design each day with free time, me time or see time,” said Nisbet. “A Cosmos Lite vacation frees up days so travelers can fill them according to their interests, passions and budget, yet we include for them touring vacation essentials for ease, comfort and discovery.”
In 2019, Cosmos Lite is introducing 10 NEW Vacation Packages in Europe:
- NEW! Spanish City Explorer (9 days, priced from $899)
- NEW! Spanish Heritage Explorer (8 days, priced from $699)
- NEW! Portugal Explorer (7 days, priced from $749)
- NEW! Italian Explorer (8 days, priced from $899)
- NEW! Northern Italy Explorer (8 days priced from $899)
- NEW! Veneto Explorer (7 days, priced from $899)
- NEW! Danube Explorer (8 days, priced from $899)
- NEW! England Explorer (7 days, priced from $899)
- NEW! Ireland Explorer (7 days, priced from $849)
- NEW! Scotland Explorer (7 days, priced from $899)
ABOUT GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Cosmos Lite, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river- and small-ship cruise options. Considered the world’s largest tour operator, with 90 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com. Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com.