Free and Reduced Airfares and Early Payment Incentives Offered to Guests Booking Early
Boston, MA, May 2017 – Not sitting still after adding three new river ships this year (bringing fleet total to
seven), Emerald Waterways is also adding three new cruise itineraries on the popular Rhine river in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Belgium to their 2018 lineup. Additionally, the Australian river cruise line is expanding their popular EmeraldACTIVE program, which offers more athletic excursions and tour choices aimed at the active traveler, and has added a River Cruising Guarantee to automatically cover every guest for delays or cancellations due to weather, high or low water, natural disasters, mechanical breakdowns or labor strikes. The complete 2018 river cruise program is detailed in the company’s full-color, 112-page brochure, now available to order on their website in hard copy and downloadable versions.
New offerings for the 2018 season are as follow:
- The Classic Rhine itinerary will sail from Amsterdam to Frankfurt (and takes a detour down the picturesque Moselle River) and explore new ports — including the German towns of Xanten, known for its Roman Archaeological Park; Cochem, for a visit to the Imperial Reichsburg Castle, and Bernkastel, with its sloping vineyards where guests will enjoy a wine tasting at a local winery.
- The Majestic Rhine, sailing from Frankfurt to Basel, takes guests to the picturesque spa town of Baden-Baden in the fabled Black Forest, and includes two excursions to the Alsace region of France. In Strasbourg, the capital of the Alsace region, a canal boat tour shows off the town’s history and beauty, while a visit to Colmar, with its picturesque cobblestone streets and Medieval and early Renaissance buildings, offers the opportunity to tour a well-preserved historic area and visit an array of museums.
- Sailing roundtrip out of Amsterdam, the Charms of Holland & Belgium cruise allows for an in-depth discovery of this charming city before setting sail for Dordrecht and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Kinderdijk Windmills. In Belgium, a guided tour of Antwerp appeals to history buffs and art lovers alike, while back in the Netherlands, guests will discover Maastrict, the country’s oldest fortified city, and the famed towns of Edam or Volendam.
- As river cruising draws more active travelers, Emerald Waterways has upped the ante for the 2018 sailing seasons with 17 brand new EmeraldACTIVE excursions and inclusions taking place on
their most popular European itineraries. EmeraldACTIVE excursions provide guests the option to engage in more heart-pumping pursuits such as guided bike tours and invigorating hikes on their daily shore excursions. In 2018, guests can choose from a canoeing trip in Pocinho, Portugal; exciting new biking tours through some of Europe’s most beloved cities like Vienna, Bernkastle and Hoorn; and a plethora of new hiking trips including a tour of some of the picturesque vineyard and orchards around Tournon, France and a trek to Castle Hill in Budapest. Onboard yoga classes on Portugal and France sailings will keep guests limber and relaxed throughout the sailing. Keeping in line with Emerald Waterways’ nearly all-inclusive pricing structure, all EmeraldACTIVE excursions are offered to guests at no additional charge.
- Trip planning can be stressful, which is why Emerald Waterways is now offering a River Cruising Guarantee to all travelers at no charge, and a Deposit Protection Plan for $125 per person. The River Cruise Travel Guarantee is backed by Chubb Insurance, a top global insurance firm, to automatically cover every guest on the commencement of their cruise for any delays or cancellations due to weather, natural disasters, mechanical breakdowns or labor strikes. Coverage will include high/low water issues that plague the industry every year, and approved claimants will receive direct monetary refunds, up to $475 per day with a maximum of seven days or $3,325 per guest, instead of the industry standard of future cruise credits. The Deposit Protection Plan allows guests who need to cancel or change a cruise for any reason to reallocate their non-refundable deposit for use toward an alternative future sailing within 24 months.
- For US travelers interested in exploring the growing trend of river cruising, Emerald Waterways is offering free, round trip airfare to Europe for guests booking a cruise of 15 days or more, and reduced round trip airfare of just $495 for those booking an 8-14-day sailing, when booked by September 1, 2017. In addition, guests who pay in full by October 31, 2017 will receive up to $800 off the cost of the sailing. Sailings start at just $2,795 per person, based on double occupancy.
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours’ Family of Brands has grown over its 30-year history to include award-winning, all-inclusive escorted tours that take participants to many of the world’s most fascinating destinations; two award-winning river cruise lines – Scenic and Emerald Waterways; and, in 2018, the World’s First Discovery Yacht – Scenic Eclipse. Emerald Waterways’ seven Star-Ships offer deluxe cruises in Europe, the Mekong, and Russia, while Scenic’s 15 Space-Ships offer the only truly all-inclusive, five-star river cruises in the same destinations as well as the Irrawaddy River in Myanmar.
Additional information can be found by contacting your local travel agent; on Emerald Waterways’ website, www.emeraldwaterways.com or by calling the US consumer/travel agent reservations line (855-222-3214). Brochure orders may be placed on the website, or a digital downloadable version is available.