MIAMI (September 16, 2019) – Barceló Hotel Group is excited to announce the brand has earned seven Magellan Awards (four Gold and three Silver) this year across four properties in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. These awards, presented by the prestigious Travel Weekly Magazine, are judged by an elite mix of top travel industry leaders and celebrate brand excellence and innovation.
“We are extremely proud of our award-winning resorts for being recognized in the 2019 Travel Weekly Magellan Awards,” said Juan Perez, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Barceló Hotel Group Latin America. “This recognition demonstrates that our properties and staff members represent a high standard of excellence within the travel industry.”
Awards in the Gold category include:
- Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort for “Hospitality – Golf Resort/Hotel”
- Barceló Maya Grand Resort for “Hospitality Elements – Upscale (Four-Star)-Fitness Room
- Barceló Maya Grand Resort for “Hospitality Elements – Upscale (Four-Star)-Spa Design”
- Royal Hideaway Playacar for “Hospitality – Overall – Luxury Hotel/Resort”
Awards in the Silver category include:
- Barceló Aruba for “Hospitality – Midscale Resort/Hotel”
- Barceló Bávaro Grand Resort for “Hospitality Overall Casino Resort/Hotel”
- Royal Hideaway Playacar for “Hospitality – Overall – Waterfront Hotel/Resort”
Winners will be featured in the October issue of Travel Weekly, which will include a section dedicated to honoring this year’s winners. Award recipients will also receive a custom produced statuette made by the same company that produces the Oscar® and Emmy® awards.
About Barceló Hotel Group
Barceló Hotel Group, the hotel division of the Barceló Group, is the second largest hospitality chain in Spain and the 31st largest in the world. It currently operates 251 four- and five-star leisure and city hotels with over 55,000 rooms in 22 countries. Barceló Hotel Group properties are marketed under four brands: Royal Hideaway Luxury Hotels & Resorts, Barceló Hotels & Resorts, Occidental Hotels & Resorts and Allegro Hotels.