Further Expands Full Ship Charters with New Trips on the Baltic Sea, Rhine River and a Danube Family Celebration
Berkeley, CA – August 29, 2019 – Backroads, the leader in active travel, today announced new active Ocean and River Cruise departures in 2020-2021 to new destinations including the Chilean Patagonia Fjords and Alaska, along with existing Ocean Cruises in Antarctica, Galápagos, Japan and New Zealand. Backroads recently launched family trips for 20s & Beyond (trips for families with adult children) offering ten new active Ocean and River Cruises on Europe’s grandest waterways. These include the Baltic Sea, Rhine and Danube Rivers and a Venice to Croatia Ocean Cruise. Adventure together in the company of families in a similar life stage. The 20s & Beyond offering allows everyone to connect as adults or better yet as friends while exploring together and bonding.
Following the highly successful 2016 debut of the Danube Full Ship Celebration, Backroads added Portugal’s Douro River Full Ship Celebration in 2019, which earned high ratings from guests. New in 2021, the company expands the category to include Full Ship Celebrations on the Baltic Sea and Rhine River. Additionally, Backroads is launching Full Ship Celebration charters just for families – with the entire ship comprised of families and activities tailored to distinct age categories, including a Danube Full Ship Celebration exclusive sailing for families with kids of all ages, departing June 21, 2021.
“Our active ocean and river cruise segment continues to be a favorite among Backroads guests,” said Backroads Founder and President, Tom Hale. “When we first launched the category in 2015, I could never have dreamed that we’d be running trips on oceans and rivers across Europe, Japan, South America and even Antarctica. There’s something very special about traveling actively and living aboard a ship. We’re excited to be expanding with more Full Ship Celebration tours and even more offerings for families with kids of all ages.”
The company was the first to work with a river cruise company to offer Biking, Walking & Hiking and Multi-Adventure trips as an active subset of the classic river cruise experience. Leveraging their coveted tried-and-true active trip model with full support, flexible route options, off-the-beaten path exploration, multiple Trip Leaders and support vans, and small group sizes of up to 30 guests, Backroads continues to be a leader in adventure travel whether on land, sea or river. Providing an even greater value-add, the company’s strong relationships with ship operators enables Backroads to offer guests price-inclusive premiere cabin assortments.
Ocean and River Cruise Trips for 2020 and 2021 include:
- Alaska Ocean Cruise Multi-Adventure Tour | new in 2020
- Antarctica Ocean Cruise Multi-Adventure Tour
- Baltic Sea Ocean Cruise Bike Tour
- Baltic Sea Ocean Cruise Full Ship Celebration Bike Tour | Family sailings also available | new in 2021
- Chile Patagonia & Fjords Cruise Walking & Hiking Tour
- Danube River Cruise Bike Tour | Family sailings also available
- Danube River Cruise Full Ship Celebration Bike Tour | Family sailings also available including an exclusive departure in 2021 for families with kids of all ages
- Galápagos Ocean Cruise Multi-Adventure Tour | Family sailings also available
- Iceland Ocean Cruise Multi-Adventure Tour | Family sailings also available | new in 2020
- Japan Ocean Cruise Walking & Hiking Tour
- New Zealand Ocean Cruise Multi-Adventure Tour
- Portugal’s Douro River Cruise Bike Tour | Family sailings also available
- Portugal’s Douro River Cruise Full Ship Celebration Bike Tour | Family sailings also available
- Rhine River Cruise Bike Tour | Family sailings also available
- Rhine River Cruise Full Ship Celebration Bike Tour | Family sailings also available (new in 2021)
- Seine River Cruise Bike Tour | Family sailings also available—new in 2020
- Venice to Croatia Ocean Cruise Bike Tour | Family sailings also available
More information on all of Backroads 2020 and 2021 Ocean and River Cruise Tours at www.backroads.com.
Backroads was founded in 1979 by Tom Hale and has been a leading innovator in active and adventure travel for over 40 years. The company hosts thousands of guests each year, 75% of whom are repeat guests or referrals from past guests, in hundreds of locations across the globe. Backroads is a founding member of the Adventure Collection. For more information, please visit backroads.com. Or call 800-462-2848 daily, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Pacific time.