September 11, 2019 – Many of the travel industry’s most recognized leaders will share their knowledge and insights at ARC’s sixth-annual TravelConnect. The conference is the leading forum for organizations in the global air travel ecosystem to come together and learn about key market trends and opportunities. The theme this year, “Distribution: Evolved,” embodies the conference’s focus on transforming the customer experience, achieving smarter personalization and accelerating readiness for emerging trends including omnichannel distribution and next-generation retailing.
WHERE: Lansdown Resort & Spa
44050 Woodridge Parkway
Leesburg, Va. 20176
WHEN: Oct. 3 and 4, 2019
Welcome & Opening Remarks 8:30 a.m. Daily
Members of the media are invited to attend. Contact ARC Public Relations Manager
- An appearance by United Airlines President Scott Kirby, who will share his unique perspective with Holly Hegeman, publisher and editor of PlaneBusiness Banter, on the opportunities and challenges facing air travel.
- A discussion between Dave Harvey, Vice President of Southwest Business and ARC President and CEO Mike Premo on Southwest’s vision for corporate travel, updates on its recently announced partnership with ARC, and the addition of more content through the GDS channel in mid-2020.
- An opening address by Amy Webb, a quantitative futurist with the Future Today Institute, who will explain how emerging technology will disrupt — and advance — travel retailing.
- A keynote by President of JetBlue Technology Ventures Bonny Simi, who will offer attendees her insights on the most promising technology developments in air travel — from AI to IoT.
- The latest New Distribution Capability (NDC) initiatives from Amadeus, Sabre and Travelport;
- Use cases for emerging technologies like blockchain to enable direct payments;
- Best practices in fighting fraud through industry collaboration;
- How to accurately measure travel program performance in an evolving landscape; and
- Opportunities for travel management companies (TMCs) to generate revenue by expanding payment options.